Music

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

If People Were Cities, What Cities Would They Be? (My Ode to A4)

Kyle: You are Paris, France.  Need I say more?


Hannah: New Orleans, Louisiana runs in your blood.  I can see the natural disaster in your eyes, but I can also see the regrowth in your smile.


Dallin: Please  don’t take offense when I say you’re Detroit, Michigan.  The art district at least.  You’re the nice, tough guy.


Tage: Obviously you are London, England.  You are so close to Paris, I bet you can smell the baguettes while standing on your back porch.


Shelby: Manhattan, New York called your name. Literally.  The street maps spell your name and everyone is booking a direct flight to you.


Kayla: I thought you could be Nassau, Bahamas.  I have never been there, but I hear the weather is so nice.


Luke: You are Boston, Massachusetts.  And between you and me, I’ve always had a thing for history. (That wasn't a flirty thing. I just think you're super cool.)


Maddy: Seattle, Washington is practically tattooed across your forehead.  It’s my favorite place in the world and I guess that’s why I have always wanted to be friends.


Isabel: Del Mar, California radiates from the ends of your hair and makes me believe that there really is such a place as a perfect town.


Lindsey: I’m sorry I originally gave you Provo, Utah. You are actually Florence, Italy. You make everything beautiful.


Carter: I struggled seeing who you were. Lake Heebeecheechee, Wyoming came to mind and it stuck.  There are 18 letters in that city, and you can’t wait to be what 18 represents.


Nicole: Munich, Germany. You are tough and strong, but you are the most passionate person I know.


Paige: I saw a picture of Fairmount, Philadelphia in the fall.  And I’m not quite sure if it was because of the color of your hair, or way your handwriting looks but I’m pretty sure you were born right from her trees.

Britton: You are big.  You are loud.  You are All-American. You are Houston, Texas.


Brendon: Juneau, Alaska looks pretty mysterious with all that fog and that was always the aura I got from you.  It’s exciting.


Morgan: I gave you Tortilla Flat, Arizona: Population of 1.  You are so uniquely your own.


Kira: Bern, Switzerland is called "The City of Fountains." You are a fountain of youth.


Sol: Sao Paulo, Brazil is currently having one of the biggest events in their history, and so are you.  We are all so proud.


Rachel: The people of Sydney, Australia have the coolest style of anyone on this green planet. But that’s not who they are.  They are so much more.


Malia: I thought you were Honolulu, Hawaii.  Not because your skin looks permanently sun kissed, but because you kiss everyone with warmth.


Kabe: I know we are better friends than this, but I can't explain why you're Chicago, Illinois. You just are.


Riley: I see Savannah, Georgia in you every single day.  It’s your smile.

Zack: You are Montreal, Canada. I don't know you very well.


Zac: We all know you’re Portland, Oregon. You are the weirdest kid, but in the coolest way.  I envy that.


Andie: One of the greatest friends I’ve ever had was from Oslo, Norway.  You remind me so much of her.  You have fjords in your irises.
Erin: When I saw you dance, Guadalajara, Mexico came to mind. You are so graceful and you can talk very easily.

Sierra: The people of Johannesburg, South Africa fought, and they fought, and they fought, and they won. So can you.

Adam: I have always wanted to visit Madrid, Spain. I want to get to know you better.

Brockton: Nukuʻalofa, Tonga has the language of the beautiful. You do too.

Keli: Mumbai, India is home to the rich, poor, the adventurous, and the meek. You can be that home as well.

Kenzie: There were riots in Baltimore, Maryland. But it will be rebuilt soon. Please be patient.

Jake: You got Kobe, Japan. You have the greatest ideas of anyone I know.

Katie: Someone wrote a song about Budapest, Hungary. I think someone should write a song about you.

Allie: They have the best waffles in Brussels, Belgium. You look like you'd appreciate a good waffle. Waffles can make anyone happy.

Sean: San Juan, Puerto Rico, The Rich Port. You are so rich. Look around.

Gil: It's in your hair. You're Moscow, Russia.

Me: I've always thought I was Reykjavik, Iceland. I am searching for those northern lights.

Image result for city

2 comments:

  1. this is SO AMAZING.

    seriously, every single person in our class enjoyed this. thank you for putting so much time into it.

    (it's okay that you gave me Provo at first. everyone laughed because it made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was the best thing ever, it shows so much about who you are.
    you are so thoughtful and just the best

    ReplyDelete